Sewing

Puppets!

15:35 Natalie Karine 0 Comments

Story time in a Kindergarten is simply Magical. I must admit, it's my favorite time of the day; seeing all those different emotions on kids faces... surprise, fear, happiness! I also loooove going to the library and finding fun books, and imagining my students reactions!

Last year, during teacher's college the professor of my Preschool Class introduced me to Superlapin, a 5 year old bunny/superhero). I never forgot him. I loved him instantly. This is Superlapin, over there on the left. ←

This professor also gave us an assignment, for which I decided to create a set of puppets based on a book (I've never made puppets before, so I improvised!) They looked like this →



So when I finally introduced Superlapin to my students this year, they simply fell in love with him. Especially this one little boy. It's a love affair. So after I ran out of Superlapin books (I could only find 5) the kids were pretty sad, particularly that little boy.

Until.... wait for it... the Superlapin puppet!

Now I can make up an infinite amount of stories about Superlapin! The kids are so excited. You should've seem their faces today when I showed them. Ah. Priceless. Their joy is pretty contagious. ♥

Happy Friday everybody! xo

Oh and here's how I created my little friend!
Cut out a basic shape
Sew the edge and flip right side out
Stuff it!
Make tiny clothes+ accessories
Assemble + glue on details
Paint finishing touches and a face!



You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: