DIY crafts

DIY Re-upholstery Magic!

18:49 Natalie Karine 0 Comments

Hi folks! I hope everyone is enjoying these first days of summer! I took last weekend to catch up on some projects that I've been putting off. So what was first on the list? Covering up that old pink bench I had in my bedroom! Now my vanity has a beautiful bench with velour flowers and birds on it! Hooray!

 Reupholstering an old chair can give It an instant facelift and can be pretty easy - providing it's a simple chair with a cushion with a frame screwed to it.

Here's how I did it with an easy reupholstery tutorial for chairs!
My little bench before! A boring light pink... face-life time!
Step 1: Unscrew the cushion from its frame.
Step 2:  Remove all the old staples.
Step 3: Cover with new fabric. Make sure you cut the
 piece big enough to bring over the edge and under the
cushion. Secure with new staples (I used some that
 were 8mm tall). Begin by stapling fabric to the frame
 at the center point of each side, pulling tautly as you
 go (you should make a cross pattern + ).
Step 4: Attach back to frame with screws and admire!
You're done!

I was so happy with the result that I did my computer chair as well with a pretty flowery fabric!

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: