DIY crafts

Geometric Tape Painting!

06:33 Natalie Karine 1 Comments

Hi there! As you might know, I loooove making handmade gifts for people...I just love the personal touch and the love & energy that goes into making them. Last week, it was my brother's birthday and I decided to make him a painting. I found this awesome tutorial online and decide to give it a try! Oh and I recycled an old canvas! Double points! Wanna try? It's so easy!

   Materials:
      ❖ Canvas
      ❖ Acrylic paint (various colours)
      ❖Paintbrush
      ❖ Silver acrylic paint (or spray paint)



Instructions:
① Paint your entire canvas silver (or gold) using either crafter's acrylic paint or spray paint if you have access to a well ventilated area. Let dry and add a second coat if needed. 
② Cut long strands of tape and create various "sections" on the canvas. Have fun with diagonal lines!
③ Paint each section/shape a different colour! Let dry.
④ Remove the tape and voilà! Your very own modern geometric painting!
   

Before and after the paint removal!
Looks great! 
  Happy painting! xo



You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. go

    ReplyDelete